Disneyland Paris, the dream destination for children and adults alike, is a place where fairy tales come to life. Located in Marne-la-Vallée, France, it’s a magical kingdom filled with enchanting characters, thrilling rides, and mesmerizing shows. But how does one get to this magical land? Fear not, dear reader, for this guide will lead you to the castle gates without the need for a magic carpet or pixie dust!
Located about 20 miles east of Paris, Disneyland Paris is one of Europe’s top destinations for families, couples, and Disney fans from around the world. With its two amazing theme parks – Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park – this resort offers endless magic and fun.
But before you can enter the world of Disney magic, you need to figure out how to actually get there! This article will provide a complete transportation guide to help you easily get to Disneyland Paris.
Booking Transportation to Disneyland Paris
The best way to arrange transportation is by booking it in advance along with your Disneyland Paris vacation package. This is especially important if you want to take advantage of airport shuttles or train packages that Disney offers.
|Magical Shuttle||60 minutes||€23|
You can book transportation through Disneyland Paris official website or your travel agent. Options include buses, shuttles, trains, taxis and more. Advance booking ensures you have seamless transfers arranged.
Getting to Disneyland Paris from Charles de Gaulle Airport
Charles de Gaulle (CDG) Airport in Paris is the closest international airport to Disneyland Paris, located about 45 km away. Here are the best ways to get to Disneyland from CDG airport:
- Disneyland Paris operates an official shuttle bus from CDG airport to its resorts. The Magical Shuttle ride takes about 60-90 minutes depending on traffic.
- Shuttle buses run daily, with increased frequency during peak seasons. You can book them as part of vacation packages.
- This is the most convenient and affordable option for airport transfers.
- Taxis are available right outside the CDG airport terminals. The taxi ride takes around 60 minutes.
- Avoid non-licensed taxis who may overcharge tourists. Go for reputed companies like Alpha Taxi or Taxi G7.
- Taxis allow hotel drop-offs right at the entrance, but are expensive – expect to pay 100-150 EUR one way.
- Renting a car from CDG lets you drive yourself to Disneyland Paris. The drive takes about 50 minutes.
- Useful for large families or groups. Gives flexibility to stop en route.
- Be sure to rent a GPS along with the car if you’re not used to driving in France.
Train to Paris + RER Train to Disney
- From CDG take a direct Express RER B train to central Paris (takes about 35 mins)
- At Paris, switch to RER A train going towards Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy (journey of 45 mins)
- Get off at Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy station which is right next to Disneyland Paris
- Buy tickets for both trains at CDG airport station. Total journey takes about 1.5 hours.
Getting to Disneyland Paris from Paris City Center
If you’re already in Paris city center, it’s easy to get to Disneyland by taking the RER A train line directly from downtown to the resort area. Here’s how:
- Take metro line 1, 4, 7, 9, or 14 to Gare du Nord station
- At Gare du Nord switch to RER Line A towards Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy direction
- Travel for about 45 minutes and get off at Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy station
- Use your existing metro tickets or buy separate RER tickets
- The RER trip takes 45 minutes and drops you at Disneyland’s doorstep
Getting to Disneyland Paris by Train from Other Cities
Thanks to France’s excellent rail network, you can easily reach Disneyland from various French and European cities by train.
- From Lille – Take TGV train to Paris (1 hour), then RER to Disneyland (45 mins)
- From Brussels – Take Thalys high-speed train to Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy direct (1.5 hours)
- From Amsterdam – Take Thalys to Paris, change for RER train to Disneyland (3.5 hours)
- From London – Take Eurostar train to Paris, change to RER for Disneyland (2.5 hours)
- From Bordeaux – Take TGV to Paris and switch to Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy RER line (3 hours)
Taking the RER A Train from Paris City Center
The quickest and easiest public transportation option is to take the direct RER A train from central Paris stations like Gare du Nord or Châtelet to Disneyland. The journey takes just 35 minutes from Nation station and runs every 15-30 minutes.
To take the RER A, first take any metro line like 1, 4, 7, 9 or 14 to connect to a RER station, then board a train headed to Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy. Sit back and enjoy the smooth 45 minute ride directly to Disneyland’s entrance.
Fastest Train Option: TGV from CDG Airport
For the fastest trip, take the direct high-speed TGV train from CDG Airport Terminal 2 to Disneyland. This 200 mph train reaches Disneyland in under 12 minutes!
TGV tickets cost between €19-47 depending on dates. This is the quickest way to zip from the airport to Disney’s gates.
Taking an Uber Taxi to Disneyland
Another option is booking an Uber from Paris to Disneyland Park. The Uber ride takes about 1 hour depending on traffic.
Expect to pay between €70-120 for an Uber from central Paris landmarks like the Eiffel Tower to Disneyland’s entrance. The price varies based on the number of passengers.
While fast, Uber is more expensive than trains. Still, it provides door-to-door convenience if you have heavy luggage or small kids.
With these transportation choices – RER, TGV, and Uber – getting to Disney magic from Paris is quick and easy!
Driving to Disneyland Paris
Driving yourself is an easy and scenic option if you’re already touring by car in France:
- Disneyland Paris is located right off the A4 motorway. Exit at Junction 14
- Parking on-site is plentiful but expensive. Cheaper options are available nearby
- GPS navigation makes getting there easy, but be prepared for Paris traffic
- Drive time is approx 3 hours from Lille, 3.5 hours from Brussels, and 6.5 hours from Amsterdam
Getting to Disneyland Paris Resort Hotels
Disneyland Paris has six on-site hotel complexes linked to the parks by free shuttle buses:
- Disneyland Hotel – Right at park entrance, closest hotel
- Disney’s Hotel New York – 5 min shuttle ride
- Disney’s Newport Bay Club – 5 min shuttle ride
- Disney’s Sequoia Lodge – 10 min shuttle ride
- Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne – 15 min shuttle ride
- Disney’s Hotel Santa Fe – 15 min shuttle ride
No matter how you reach Paris, getting to Disneyland is easy with these transportation options. Book your tickets, make transfers smooth, and enjoy all the magic!
FAQs on Getting to Disneyland Paris
What’s the cheapest way to get to Disneyland from CDG airport?
The cheapest option is taking the Magical Shuttle bus operated by Disneyland Paris. One-way bus tickets cost about 25 EUR per adult.
What’s the fastest way to reach Disneyland from Paris?
The fastest public transportation option is taking the direct RER A train from central Paris to Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy station, which takes only 45 minutes.
Is it easy to drive to Disneyland Paris?
Yes, Disneyland Paris is easy to drive to by taking the A4 motorway towards Marne-la-Vallée. Just follow the signs for the theme park exits. Having a GPS helps for navigating.
Can I buy tickets for the Magical Shuttle online?
Yes, indeed! You can purchase tickets online or directly from the driver. It’s as simple as saying “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!”
Are there direct trains from London to Disneyland Paris?
Yes, Eurostar offers direct services from London St Pancras to Disneyland Paris. All aboard the magic train!