Hello friends, I am Rajendra, and Today I am going to tell you “How to travel to Gangtok at a low cost” will give you complete information about it. which is one of the most attractive and captivating places in India along with the capital of Sikkim. Gangtok is known for its lakes, rivers, mountains, and temples as well as monasteries and waterfalls. On visiting Gangtok, you can see the border of India and China very closely, from where both India and China import and export goods between each other.
Friends, the price mentioned in this article has been taken through internet available sources, which may change in the future, you must verify it.
Some information about Gangtok?
Gangtok is the capital and the largest city of the Indian state of Sikkim. It is located in the eastern Himalayas at an altitude of 1,650 meters. Gangtok is known for its stunning natural beauty, with snow-capped peaks, lush forests, and cascading waterfalls. It is a popular tourist destination and offers a range of activities such as trekking, rafting, paragliding, and sightseeing.
Gangtok is also known for its rich culture and traditions. The city has a diverse population comprising of various ethnic groups such as Nepali, Lepcha, Bhutia, and Limboo. The dominant religion in Gangtok is Buddhism, and the city is home to several monasteries and temples.
Gangtok has a pleasant and temperate climate, with temperatures ranging from 10°C to 25°C in the summers and 0°C to 15°C in the winters. The best time to visit Gangtok is from October to June, when the weather is pleasant and suitable for outdoor activities.
Why Gangtok famous for?
Gangtok is a popular tourist destination in the Indian state of Sikkim, known for its stunning natural beauty, rich culture and traditions, and range of outdoor activities. Some of the reasons why Gangtok is famous are:
- Natural Beauty: Gangtok is located in the eastern Himalayas and is surrounded by snow-capped peaks, lush forests, and cascading waterfalls. The city offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and is a paradise for nature lovers.
- Culture and Traditions: Gangtok is home to a diverse population comprising of various ethnic groups such as Nepali, Lepcha, Bhutia, and Limboo. The city has a rich cultural heritage and is known for its colorful festivals, traditional dances, and handicrafts.
- Outdoor Activities: Gangtok offers a range of outdoor activities such as trekking, rafting, paragliding, and sightseeing. The city is also home to several national parks and wildlife sanctuaries, where visitors can spot a variety of flora and fauna.
- Monasteries and Temples: Gangtok is an important center of Buddhism, and the city is home to several monasteries and temples. The city is also known for its spiritual retreats, where visitors can find peace and relaxation.
- Food and Shopping: Gangtok is known for its delicious cuisine, which includes a variety of dishes made with local ingredients. The city also has several markets where visitors can shop for traditional handicrafts, souvenirs, and other items.
How to reach Gangtok
There are several ways to reach Gangtok:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Gangtok is Bagdogra Airport, which is located about 124 kilometers away. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a shared jeep to reach Gangtok.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Gangtok is New Jalpaiguri Railway Station, which is located about 148 kilometers away. From the railway station, you can hire a taxi or take a shared jeep to reach Gangtok.
- By Bus: There are regular bus services from Siliguri and other major cities in West Bengal to Gangtok. You can also hire a taxi or take a shared jeep from Siliguri to reach Gangtok.
You can use a bus or train to reach Gangtok for less cost, but if the distance from your city to Gangtok should not be much. The distance from Delhi to Gangtok is about 1570-1580 km. Therefore, by completing this journey by bus, you will feel very tired. If you want to travel from Delhi to Gangtok at a low cost, then I would suggest that you complete the journey between Delhi to Gangtok by train, not by bus, because even by train you can complete Gangtok in very less cost. Will reach.
To reach Gangtok by train from Delhi, you have to go to New Jalpaiguri, which is the nearest and most famous railway station to Gangtok. The sleeper class fare for Delhi to New Jalpaiguri train is ₹ 650. Apart from Delhi, there are direct trains to New Jalpaiguri from many major cities. The distance between New Jalpaiguri to Gangtok is about 118 km. Is. To reach Gangtok, you have to walk about 6 km from New Jalpaiguri Railway Station. One can take a bus from far away Siliguri Bus Stand, whose fare is around ₹ 90-100.
Best time to visit Gangtok
The best time to visit Gangtok is considered to be summer, but if you want to visit Gangtok at a low cost, then you should visit Gangtok between September to February because the crowd is also less between September and February and that’s why. The time taken for hotel, food, and taxi fares is also reduced so that you go to visit the local sites of Gangtok.
Where to book a hotel in Gangtok and how much will the fare be?
There are many hotel facilities available on MG Road in Gangtok, where hotels are available from ₹ 700, ₹ 800 to ₹ 5000. If you are a couple, then a hotel of ₹ 1000-1500 will be good for you, but if you want to get a hotel in Gangtok at a low cost, then a hotel of ₹ 700-800 will be good for you.
Food and drink facilities in Gangtok-
All types of food and drink facilities are provided in Gangtok. Here you will not have any problem eating and drinking veg and non-veg. The Thali system in Gangtok is provided for just 120-150, so if you travel to Gangtok, you will not have to spend much on food and drink. Here the cost of your one day’s food and drink can be up to 450-500.
Places to visit in Gangtok-
There is a lot to visit in Gangtok, but if you visit all those places in Gangtok, then for that you will have to spend at least 6-7 days in Gangtok. If you have more budget, then you can visit all those places in Gangtok, but if your budget is less, then I would suggest you visit only the local sites of Gangtok. I am going to tell you about visiting Gangtok at a low cost, so below I have only entered the name of the local sites of Gangtok.
- Ban Jhakri Waterfall – This is a very famous waterfall in Gangtok. You will love the views here.
- Seven Sister Waterfall – Being divided into seven streams, it is called Seven Sister Waterfall. The beautiful view of this waterfall is worth seeing during the monsoon.
- Hanuman Tok – This is a temple of Hanuman Ji and from here also one can see the fascinating view of Kanchenjunga.
- Tashi View Point – Let us tell you that the peak of Kangchenjunga can be seen from Gangtok. If you want to see the natural beauty of Kangchenjunga peak and its surroundings, then you can go to Tashi View Point. The best view of Kanchenjunga is available from Tashi View Point.
- Romtec Monastery – This is a Buddhist Monastery, whose walls are worth seeing. Here you will get to see a different kind of peace.
- Ganesh Tok – As the name suggests, this is the temple of Lord Ganesha, the Hindu god. By visiting here you can have the darshan of Ganesh ji.
- ropeway – A ropeway facility has been provided in Gangtok to see the entire Gangtok city and its beauty so that you can see all these things. The fare for this ropeway is around ₹ 110 for a person.
If you have to visit other tourist places in Gangtok as well, then you can plan ahead considering your budget.
How to visit Gangtok tourist places?
You will find many taxi and bike agents near Gangtok’s MG Road, talking to whom you can book a taxi. If you visit all the local sites of Gangtok mentioned above, then you will get a taxi for ₹ 2000-2500. If you are 4 or 5 people, then you can visit all the local Gangtok by taxi.
If you are going solo on a Gangtok trip or you are planning a Gangtok trip with one of your friends, then you can take a scooter rental from Gangtok. In Gangtok, you can easily get Scooty for ₹ 500-600.
How much will something cost in Gangtok?
- Delhi to New Jalpaiguri (Train) – ₹650 Both sides – ₹ 1300
- New Jalpaiguri to Gangtok (Bus) – ₹ 90-100 Both Sides – ₹ 200
- Food and drink (1 day) – ₹ 500
- Hotel (1 Day) – ₹ 700
- Scooty (1 day) – ₹ 500
- Petrol – ₹ 100-200
Petrol – The cost of petrol will depend on the distance traveled by you. If you cover a distance of about 50 kilometers in a day, then your scooter will have around 1 liter of petrol. If we talk about the cost of one liter of petrol, then at present the cost of 1 liter of petrol is around ₹ 100.
How to reach Gangtok from Delhi?
There are several ways to reach Gangtok from Delhi:
- By Air: The quickest way to reach Gangtok from Delhi is by taking a flight to Bagdogra Airport, which is the nearest airport to Gangtok. From there, you can hire a taxi or take a shared jeep to reach Gangtok, which is about 124 kilometers away.
- By Train: You can also take a train from Delhi to New Jalpaiguri Railway Station, which is the nearest railway station to Gangtok. From there, you can hire a taxi or take a shared jeep to reach Gangtok, which is about 148 kilometers away.
- By Road: You can also take a bus or hire a taxi to reach Gangtok from Delhi. The distance between Delhi and Gangtok is about 2,200 kilometers, and the journey can take around 3 days by road.
It is recommended to make travel arrangements in advance, especially during peak tourist season. You can also consider purchasing a tour package, which includes transportation and accommodation, to make your journey more convenient.
How many days to make a tour in Gangtok?
Before making a tour of Gangtok, it is very important for you to know how much will it cost for a day to visit Gangtok tourist places so that you can plan the Gangtok trip according to the 1 day time spent on Gangtok trip.
If you visit Gangtok local sites for a day, your expenses will be for food (₹500), Scotty (₹500), petrol (₹100-200), and hotel (₹700). If we talk about the expenditure of one day on visiting the tourist places of Gangtok, then-
What is the total cost of the Gangtok trip?
Train Fare ₹ 1300+ Food & Drink Expenses ₹ 500+ Scooty ₹ 500+ Petrol ₹ 100-200+ Hotel ₹ 700= ₹ 3100-3200
If you visit Gangtok tourist places even in a day, then your 1-day and 1-night expenses on the Gangtok trip will be around ₹ 3100-3200. According to this budget, you can get an idea of how many days you should take a tour of Gangtok. If you go on a Gangtok trip with one of your friends, then your expenses for one day on the Gangtok trip-
- Hotel (₹700)/2 ₹ 1300-1400/2= ₹ 650-700
- Food & Drink (₹ 500)
- Train fare on both sides (₹ 1300) + ₹ 650-700 = ₹ 2450-2500
According to the budget mentioned by me, you can also make your Gangtok tour plan more according to your budget.
If you go solo on the Gangtok trip for 2 days and 2 nights, then you will have to increase the budget for 1 day and 1 night by ₹ 1800-1900, because in addition to the fare on both sides of the train, Scooty (₹ 500), The cost of petrol (₹100-200), food and drink (₹500) and hotel rent (₹700) will have to be increased as you increase your tour plan.
If you go on a Gangtok trip for 2 days and 2 nights with one of your friends, then you will have to increase the budget of 1 day and 1 night by ₹ 1150-1200, because in this budget also you will get on both sides of the train. In addition to the cost of Scooty (₹ 500/2), Petrol (₹ 100-200/2), food and drink (₹ 500), and hotel rent (₹ 700/2) you will need to consider your tour plan. To increase will have to increase.
Friends, for the number of days you will visit Gangtok Trip, you will have to increase the budget mentioned above.
When to go to Gangtok?
If you are planning to visit Gangtok, then let us tell you that the best time to visit this charming city is from October to December, although the weather at this hill station is pleasant throughout the year.
In which state is Gangtok located?
Gangtok or the local name Gangtok (English: Gangtok) is the capital of the north-eastern state of Sikkim, India.
How far is it from Sikkim to Gangtok?
Sikkim to Gangtok is 125 km. Gangtok can also be reached by road.